As homeowners, we usually place many valuables and goods inside the garage. A garage is not only the area where we park our cars, but it is also frequently used for various other reasons and activities. The garage door, therefore, is very important as it is the primary thing securing our belongings that we keep inside the garage. That is why maintaining the garage door and keeping it in top condition is a must.
We need to make sure the garage door functions well so that we can run our daily activities smoothly. However, a garage door is very vulnerable to any damage because it is used so frequently. It is also exposed to weather events due to its location outdoors. When your garage door breaks, it will disrupt your daily activities and make your life very inconvenient. Don’t take risks when it comes to the security of your family and belongings. A broken garage door needs emergency garage door repairs.
A garage door consists of many parts that support its functionality. A broken component will affect the function of the garage door as a whole. One of parts that is most affected by the wear and tear of daily use is the garage door spring. You need to check the garage door parts regularly to look for the signs of damage. This way you can detect which part needs repair or replacement.
The spring plays a vital part in the daily operation of a garage door. Essentially, the torque works to ease the lifting and opening of the garage door. No spring means a useless garage door because you’d need to lift the heavy garage door with your hand. As such when a spring is damaged it is safe to say you need an emergency garage door repairs to fix or replace the spring.
Daily usage will wear down the garage door spring and other components over time. Even though this part of the garage door is very unnoticeable, yet the function is essential, as explained above. Be a smart homeowner by paying attention to the security of the house. Repair or replace the garage door component immediately to prevent further damage. You may opt for an entirely new and environmentally friendly garage door if you cannot fix the damage.
1. Loose Cables – When the garage door spring breaks, it will affect the whole system of the garage door. Loose cables are a sign that the garage door spring is functioning improperly.
2. Loud Noise – When the torsion spring breaks, you possibly will hear a loud noise from the garage. The loud bang sounds like someone is trying to break into your house. In actual fact, it is coming from the garage door when the spring unwinds.
3. Heavy Garage Door – When your garage door is lifting slowly and looks extremely heavy, it might be a sign of broken garage door spring.
4. Bent Garage Door – The tops of the garage door will start to bend if the mechanism tries to open the door without the help of the spring. It is better to opt for new affordable garage doors in these cases.
5. Torsion Spring Gap – A garage door consists of one to two springs that are tightly-wound on the top of the garage door. Broken springs will look loosened. This means there will be a visible gap between the springs.
6. Crooked Door – If one of the springs gets damaged, it will result in crooked garage door movement.
7. Jerky Movement – The jerky movement of the garage door while opening and closing is also an indication of the broken garage door spring.
8. Door Falls Quickly – A garage door is a heavy piece of equipment supported by the springs. Broken springs will make the garage door fall rather quickly when it closes.
9. Unable to Use the Emergency Rope – Most modern garage doors have an emergency rope hanging from the opening mechanism. When the garage door damaged, you will not be able to pull the emergency rope.
If you recognise one or more signs happening to your garage door, it is the right time for you to get emergency garage door repairs Perth. Do not wait longer than necessary because otherwise you the damage may get worse. Contact the professionals at All Time Garage Doors to get more information.
Copyright © 2020 | All Time Garage Doors | Developed by SOMS Web